Sr. Dorcas Baker, RSCDS Certified
Instructor (Founder, deceased)
John McCormick, RSCDS Certified Instructor
Janice Lacock, RSCDS Certified Instructor
Rebecca Renee Winnie, RSCDS Teacher in Training
Terry Garner, RSCDS Teacher in Training
The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society (RSCDS) has a world-wide network of Branches and Affiliated Groups. The Society exists to promote and develop Scottish country dancing worldwide for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Milwaukee Scottish Country Dancers is a social group that enjoys learning and dancing the traditional jigs, reels and strathspeys of Scotland. We host a Hallowe'en Social Dance as well as several dance parties throughout the year. In addition, we occasionally perform at weddings, dinners and folk festivals.
Classes are open to anyone interested in Scottish Country Dance. Beginners are welcome to watch and to dance. It is not necessary to have a partner to participate. You don't have to be Scottish!
For information contact: Cory Sterling or Paul Gunderson at SCD.MKE@gmail.com, or call 414-301-3701. For information regarding demonstrations and performances, please contact Diana Hankes at email@example.com.For the Governance and Board of Directors of the Milwaukee Scottish Country Dancers, please look HERE.
The Milwaukee Scottish Country Dancers have a managed list for easy email distribution. For anyone interested in receiving our email communication, please use the following LINK to start the process.
Our promotional flyer is now available HERE.
WE'RE DANCING AGAIN!
Classes will be at our new location each Monday from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
We have the following criteria:We look forward to dancing with you again!
- attendees will sign a waiver (one time) which you can review on the website
- attendees will have COVID 19 vaccination
- If the above criteria are met, masks are optional but strongly encouraged
Journeys Lutheran School
5425 S 111th Street
Hales Corners, WI
Enter school parking lot from 112th AND COPELAND St. -- near the proper entrance it will say “Lutheran School".
To help defray the costs of hall rental, please consider a donation of $5 each class.
Class Dates and Locations
How we structure our classes:
We initiate classes with warm ups and stretches, followed by a short focus session to improve technique. The class then divides temporarily, with newer dancers (along with a couple experienced dancers for support) learning/reviewing/improving formations whilst the more experienced dancers further develop their dancing skills as they learn/review/improve challenging formations and dances, or learn dances for upcoming events. The groups then recombine to dance one or two dances which utilize the formations previously focused on by the newer dancers. If time allows the experienced dancers then learn another challenging dance, giving the newer dancers the opportunity to observe.
Demo team and advanced dancer information HERE.
Upcoming Midwest Scottish Country Dances
(events and assorted workshops)
December 4, 2021
St Paul Minnesota
March 25 - 27, 2022
April 23, 2022
Culla Bay February 16, 2019
Bees of Maggieknockater February 15, 2020
Foxhill Court February 15, 2020
Karen's Wedding February 15, 2020
Lady Catherine Bruce's Reel February 15, 2020
Machine Without Horses February 15, 2020
2021 Hallowe'en Dance photos
2019 Midwest Scottish Weekend photos
2017 Hallowe'en Dance
Nancy McClements' photos
2015 Hallowe'en Dance
James and Heidi Horton's photos
You can order Milwaukee Scottish Country Dancers merchandise! Please look HERE for our online store.
Scottish Country Dance Groups
- Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
- Detroit RSCDS Branch, Detroit, Michigan
- Highland Mist Scottish Country Dancers, St. Louis, Missouri
- Madison Scottish Country Dancers, Madison, Wisconsin
- Midwest Scottish Weekend
- RSCDS Chicago Branch, Chicago, Illinois
- RSCDS Twin Cities Branch, Minneapolis - St. Paul, Minnesota
- Scottish Country Dancers of Central Iowa, Ames, Iowa
- Tartan & Thistle Scottish Country Dancers, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Windsor Branch of the RSCDS, Windsor, Ontario
Resources for Dancers
- Hints and Tips for Briefing Scottish Country Dances
- RSCDS Videos
- Scottish Country Dance Resource Pages
- Scottish Country Dancing Dictionary
- Shoes, Dances, Music An assortment of links, addresses and phone numbers.
- Standard Etiquette for Scottish Country Dancing Thanks to the Madison Scottish Country Dancers for this link.
- Teachers' Association of Canada An association of teachers of Scottish Country Dancing.
- The Inter-city Scot A newsletter of Scottish Country Dance groups and events in North America.
- The Strathspey Server A repository of information relating to Scottish country dancing.
- Center for Celtic Studies at UW-Milwaukee
- Council of Scottish Clans and Associations
- Irish Cultural and Heritage Center
- Milwaukee Blue (essential links, compactly organized)
- Milwaukee Highland Games
- Robert Burns Club of Milwaukee
- Saint Andrew's Society of the City of Milwaukee
- Shamrock Club of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Scottish Inc.
Last modified October 31, 2021 PG